Who expected that statement except Steve and me?
Last week we started to prepare upgrades for a couple of sites. Installing the current snapshot and tweaking for going live soon. Currently it's a late pre-beta. As soon as I've installed on all those sites having booked for ongoing maintenance I'll go for packing a public beta release. Schedule still is mid this quarter.
Meanwhile interested folks may take a look at something new on this site: demo forums.
Freshly installed yesterday and of course not yet complete, but for the curious I started setting up a version 6 demo for public and admin scripts.
Besides a lot of details here is a short list of major improvements:
(1) a few new features on public side of the forum:
- trouble ticket
- report abuse
- tell a friend
- new dynamic teasers (Web 2.0 technology)
- simplyfied searchbox
A lot of new stuff on admin side:
(2) a new admin portal, accessable even if the database or the server causes trouble
(3) completely revised moderated lists including one-click approval/delete and dynamic teaser (all Web 2.0 technology) and mass approval/delete/move
(4) new, configurable parking folders
(5) new navigation bars allowing to quickly access all relevant administrative tasks in the context of the page viewed
(6) new *managing* dropdown boxes for profiles, messages, threads allowing for various administrative tasks. Setting profiles to (un-)moderated directly from message display is only one point to show the potential of this improvement.
(7) some more details and a lot of stuff under the hood.
Now, here is the starting point for the demos:
Comments and questions welcome of course - please use discussion board.