Tetra-WebBBS Support Forum
A couple of days ago Tetra WebBBS 6.15 was released. I've stated that to be the last maintenance release for the 6.1x series. Next logical step is to install a current snapshot of the next release here on tetrabb.com. That's what happened just now. We're now running Tetra WebBBS 6.20 and TetraBB PRO 0.30 here on this domain.
The new couple 6.20/0.30 comes with a set of new features and some important changes under the hood.
Major change under the hood is the way the DBM database module is chosen. It now allows to configure if DB_File or any other DBM module is used. We'll need to ensure access to message index and viewcount databases is stable. It should be, but I want to prove it is. Though support board here is rather quiet, there is some significant activity by searchengines and some unwanted friends on this domain. So testing stability of database access should be reliable
Current schedule for Tetra WebBBS 6.20:
(1) release a public beta for interested folks to do some testing somewhen this last quarter 2011
(2) write 6.20 docs while public beta is available and fix issues if any are reported
(3) release the final as soon as the docs are done but not before 3 months after beta is released. So the final can be expected 1st quarter 2012.
Current schedule for TetraBB PRO 0.30:
(1) we're running it live on one busy domain now already
(2) interested users may get it installed as soon as Tetra-WebBBS 6.20 is released as a Beta
(3) final to be expected one quarter later than Tetra-WebBBS 6.20 final.
And what's new?
(a) more configuration options for existing features to allow fine tuning of forums
(b) max. posts per day feature sponsored by Rus
(c) customizable calculation of filenames used for profiles (important for some non-ASCII languages)
(d) some other stuff
(a) a new gallery index to allow browsing forums based on pictures uploaded with posts
(b) server-side resizing of uploaded images
(c) private galleries and private albums for registered users (associated to the profile)
I'll set up demos as soon as possible.
Questions or comments welcome of course.