Tetra WebBBS Documentation
This plugin allows profile owners to recover their profile if they have forgotten their password.
A new password will be assigned to the profile. The profile owner will receive an email requesting him to validate the request for password change. This will ensure nobody else misused his name.
Special thanks to John Caldwell, aka beachguy, who sponsored this plugin in 2007.
- You must already have the forum scripts installed using the DEFAULT setup.
- You must have enabled profiles and the profile files must be stored in the *_profiles* subfolder of $data_basedir.
To install this plugin
- Upload profilehelp.pl to the folder where your core forum script files reside.
- At the end of section (3) in the config.pl file(s), add:
In the config section of the profilehelp.pl are some minor options that you may configure. Do NOT move the configs off their default location in the profilehelp.pl file.
- 'temp_time' => 24,
Time (in hours) for which a password-change request is considered valid. If the change request is not validated within the specified time, the request will be voided and deleted.
- 'choose_new_pass' => 1,
Assigning a new password to the profile may be done in one of these ways:
(1) a system-generated password will be assigned to the profile ('choose_new_pass' => 0); or
(2) the user enters a new password of his choice and uses that new password for the change request ('choose_new_pass' => 1).
- In the profilehelp.pl are some variables holding all the text used by the plugin. This is to make translation easy. Don't change them unless you know what you're doing.
As with the other webbbs scripts, you need only one copy of the profilehelp.pl for all your boards.