TetraBB PRO Documentation
TetraBB PRO is committed to provide an integration of multiple forums in an easy, yet flexible and configurable way.
A single admin entry script may optionally grant access to:
- only ONE forum
- ALL forums
- all LIVE forums
- all ARCHIVE forums
- ANY SPECIFIED SUBSET of forums
By default one admin entry script grants access to all forums.
Below are more detailed descriptions on how to trim admin entry scripts to grant access in various ways.
Note: The following descriptions are valid for admin entry scripts only!
One admin entry script for ALL forums
On a site with multiple forums it's convenient to be able to access all forums through one single admin script. Thus TetraBB PRO admin portals default to display a list of all forums defined in PRO configs on one admin portal page.
The scripts will default to this portal style if none of $data_subdir, $boardid and $portalid is defined in section(1) of the admin entry script.
One admin entry script for ONE forum
To restrict access of an admin entry script to only one forum it's possible to add an optional configuration to section(1) of the entry script.
Example: Adding the following line to section(1) of an admin entry script will result in an admin portal page granting access only to the forum specified.
$boardid = 1;
In this example $boardid is set to the forum defined as board '1' in the PRO configuration file.
One admin entry script for a specified set of forums
TetraBB PRO allows to configure entry script to grant access to a specified set of forums.
The (optional) variable used for specifying the forums is $portalid. If you want to use this feature simply add the $portalid variable to section(1) of the admin entry script. Available settings:
- if $portalid is set to 'all' then the entry script will grant access to ALL forums and list all forums on admin portal page, sorted by the 'portal_position' defined in PRO settings.pl
- if $portalid is set to 'live' then the entry script will grant access to ALL live (aka 'non-archive') forums and list them on admin portal page, sorted by the 'portal_position' defined in PRO settings.pl
- if $portalid is set to 'archives' then the entry script will grant access to ALL archives and list them on admin portal page, sorted by the 'portal_position' defined in PRO settings.pl
- if $portalid is set to the (numerical) ID of a portal defined in the portal section of PRO configuration, access is granted only to the forums specified in the portal definition and only those forums are displayed on the admin portal page
The feature of granting access only to a subset of all forums might be usefull for those sites where different moderators help maintaining subsets of forums. In such a case it's possible to set up specific admin entry scripts for the moderators.